[Image-SIG] Problem reading image

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Jun 23 10:28:12 CEST 2006

Alex Ryu wrote:

> Hi everyone, I'm having some problems with basic PIL functions.  First,
> when I try to call the size() method, I get a typeerror (tuple object is
> not callable).  And similar errors for other methods.

size is an attribute, not a method:

     http://effbot.org/imagingbook/image.htm#Image.size

> Also, when I try to use getdata(), I get an error message that says
> "ImagingCore object at <hex-address>".

that's not an error message, that's the standard string representation
of the sequence-like object returned by getdata().  as explained here:

     http://effbot.org/imagingbook/image.htm#Image.getdata

you can use list() to convert it to an ordinary list.  you can also
iterate over it, or pass it to any function that expects a sequence
object or iterator.

see your favourite python tutorial for more information on things like
attributes, sequences, iterators, exceptions and tracebacks, etc.