[Image-SIG] Pyvox release 0.72 now available

Travis E. Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Mar 17 09:14:44 CET 2006

Paul Hughett wrote:

> The source distribution kit for Pyvox version 0.72 is now available
> from
>
>        http://www.med.upenn.edu/bbl/downloads/pyvox/

Thanks for releasing all of your work and for the generous license.

Do you know if and/or when your library will be interoperable with
NumPy?  The new array interface

http://numeric.scipy.org/#array_interface

makes this quite easy.

Perhaps the PIL could also learn to export and import the array
interface to finally get copy-less data-transfer with NumPy arrays.

On a related note.  It would be nice if we could figure out better ways
to work together on the basic object layers for image and volume
processing (in my mind that's what NumPy array's are most useful for).

But, I'm thrilled with all the algorithm activity and appreciate all the
work that is done.

Best regards,

-Travis Oliphant