[Image-SIG] JPEG decoder not availabel

lanasa at universalwebservices.net lanasa at universalwebservices.net
Sun Mar 26 19:34:23 CEST 2006

Hi, thanks for making this support system available.

I have a install libjpeg 6b, then PIL 1.1.5.

When running the selftest, I get the following output:

Failure in example: _info(Image.open("Images/lena.jpg"))
from line #24 of selftest.testimage
Exception raised:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./doctest.py", line 499, in _run_examples_inner
    exec compile(source, "<string>", "single") in globs
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File "./selftest.py", line 21, in _info
    im.load()
  File "PIL/ImageFile.py", line 180, in load
    d = Image._getdecoder(self.mode, d, a, self.decoderconfig)
  File "PIL/Image.py", line 328, in _getdecoder
    raise IOError("decoder %s not available" % decoder_name)
IOError: decoder jpeg not available
1 items had failures:
   1 of  55 in selftest.testimage
***Test Failed*** 1 failures.
*** 1 tests of 55 failed.

>From reading multiple posts, I see that many users have the same problem,
but noone has responded with a usable solution.  Any thoughts?

Thanks

Phil LaNasa