[Image-SIG] Freezing with PIL

CLAY SPENCE cspence at sarnoff.com
Tue Oct 3 22:40:01 CEST 2006

For what its worth, I think I fixed it. It seemed to be a freeze
problem, not finding all of the modules. I copied knee.py from
Python-*/Demo/imputil, modified it to print the names of successfully
imported modules, and then froze versions of my program with the normal
sys.path and with this replaced. I then looked for modules that weren't
imported in the version that fails. The image file format plugins were
missing, like PngImagePlugin. I put an explicit import statement for
these into the main program file, and freeze now includes them. There is
slightly odd python code for importing them in Image.py, and this hides
them from freeze.

Clay