[Image-SIG] another libjpeg problem - PIL can't find it at runtime? (long)

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Mon Sep 25 20:58:03 CEST 2006

john walshaw (JIC) wrote:

> JPEG_ROOT = "/usr/local/lib", "/usr/local/include"
>
> because that's where the libjpeg.a and jpeglib.h files are, and these
> both define jpeg_CreateCompress of course, but still the same problem
> occurs after the build.

did you build these yourself ?

one brute-force workaround worth trying is to remove all libjpeg files
except the static library (libjpeg.a) from /usr/local/lib and rebuild,
to force the linker to do a static build.

(it was a while since I did non-trivial build stuff on tru64, but I
think that /usr/local/lib is used by default by the runtime linker.
check the loader / runtime linker man page for details).