[Image-SIG] Problem with JPEG and CMYK color space

Cesare Leonardi ced at bernispa.com
Fri Jan 26 13:41:47 CET 2007

Berni CED ha scritto:
> So i think there is a bug in the code related to JPEG CYMK or there are
> some JPEG unsupported feature. What do you think? Some advice?

Now PIL 1.1.6 includes a solution to that problem.

Since some days ago i was using PIL 1.1.4 with the patch from Kevin
Cazabon and for my experiments everything was fine. Some days ago i've
tryed to install python 2.5 along with PIL 1.1.6 (under Windows) and so
i've tryed to test some of the JPEG CMYK files that was problematic with
official PIL 1.1.4 and i noted that some images now are threated good
but other still looks bad. Substituting "JpegImagePlugin.py" with the
one patched by Kevin, everything is fine.
So seems that the file that comes with 1.1.6 is not functional
equivalent to the one patched by Kevin.

I've posted some examples in the following site (see PART 5 at the end):
http://www.bernispa.com/pil/index.html

I've also attached to this message the diff between the
"JpegImagePlugin.py" as found in PIL 1.1.6 and the same file patched
by Kevin (it was written for 1.1.4 but seems that the original file
as not changed meanwhile)

What do you think?

Cesare.