[Image-SIG] installing jpeg-6b for jpeg support in PIL

Joancarles Casasín joanca at casasin.com
Tue Jul 17 16:37:10 CEST 2007

On 13/07/2007, at 12:00, image-sig-request at python.org wrote:

>> It doesn't complain but when I make install I get:
>> /usr/bin/install -c cjpeg /usr/local/bin/cjpeg
>> /usr/bin/install -c djpeg /usr/local/bin/djpeg
>> /usr/bin/install -c jpegtran /usr/local/bin/jpegtran
>> /usr/bin/install -c rdjpgcom /usr/local/bin/rdjpgcom
>> /usr/bin/install -c wrjpgcom /usr/local/bin/wrjpgcom
>> /usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./cjpeg.1 /usr/local/man/man1/cjpeg.1
>> install: /usr/local/man/man1/cjpeg.1: No such file or directory
>> make: *** [install] Error 71
>
> Check if /usr/local/min/man1/ exists. If not, create it. (If that
> is the
> problem then the error message is confusing, but confusing error
> messages are, unfortunately, the norm.)

Thanks Russell. It worked.
Now what's happening is: jpeg decoder/encoder is working in Python
2.3.5 but not in Python 2.5
Has this anything to do with being a shared or static library?
I tried to install as a shared library but had again an error...

Many thanks for your time, as you see, very newbie on this.

Joancarles
www.casasin.com