[Image-SIG] seeking guidance on image conversion

Michele Petrazzo - Unipex srl michele.petrazzo at unipex.it
Wed May 2 09:43:48 CEST 2007

Brad Allen wrote:
> At 11:43 AM +0200 4/10/07, Michele Petrazzo - Unipex srl wrote:
>> A solution can be that already replied. Another can be to use
>> freeimagepy that is born because PIL doesn't handle, like I need,
>> the g3, g4 and multipage tiff files. I create it, and I use it, for
>>  hylapex, a fax client that need to work with fax files, that are
>> in g3 and g4 format! My old solution, like you wrote, was use the
>> tiff gnuwin32 files, but work with a dll a some python (ctypes)
>> code, are better! :)
>
> Sorry for the delayed reply.

No problem.

> That sounds interesting Michele; can you show me any source code
> examples of what you did with ctypes?

google for freeimagepy and you'll see freeimagepy.sf.net -> examples ->

(a very simple example. You'll find all the multipage examples on the
site or on the package)

import FreeImagePy as FIPY
F = FIPY.Image("image.tiff")
F.save("image.png")

> Did you use ctypes with gnuwin32 or with some other dll?

I call directly the freeimage dll (os .so un linux, since it are
multiplatform) with ctypes. All the info and the download are on the
internet site.

If you have more question, ask me directly.

Michele