[Image-SIG] How to apply a threshold value to the image

export at hope.cz export at hope.cz
Sat Nov 10 10:22:54 CET 2007

Can anyone give me an example how to apply a threshold value to an image?

(everything above a certain brightness level becomes white, and everything below the
 level becomes black.)

I was told I should use 256-item mapping table and pass it to the "point" method.

But how should the 256-item mapping table  look like, if the threshold is 18( found from the histogram)

Thank you for any hint.
L.