[Image-SIG] Help needed for converting ascii data to image

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Oct 17 19:17:41 CEST 2007

Varsha purohit wrote:
>    I need a sample program to use frombuffer

frombuffer is for converting binary data to an image.

> convert my ascii text file to image file.

What form is your ascii text file?

You can parse it on your own, or the numpy package (see numpy.fromfile)
may help. In any case, you'll need a way to convert your ascii text to a
binary format that PIL understands.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov