[Image-SIG] selftest issues

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Apr 24 00:54:58 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm playing with building PIL on OS_X and have run into an interesting
issue. When I run selftest.py, and HAVE NOT built and installed the
compiled extensions, selftest picks up the _imaging.so that is installed
in my standard python installation, and runs just fine. However, then it
didn't test the new build at all.

It would be nice if selftest.py would only look in the local version, so
I could make sure to be testing the right thing, without having to
remove my working PIL install.

hmmm -- maybe I can just remove the PIL.pth file -- I should be
importing "from PIL" anyway...

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov