[Image-SIG] problem in converting pixel data to image file

Ashish Sethi ashishbitsgoa at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 08:06:56 CEST 2008

hey frnds
Thanks for your help and support.
My task is almost complete but i still face a few last problems :

1. The file being saved in ppm format using PIL is p6 type...i need to
know is there a way that i can use PIL to save ppm images in p3 format

2. Also, the file  being created has the header -
P6
128 128
255

I need to change the 255 to 15...so that (15,15,15) becomes white and so on

And to answer the obvious question that how do i know the job is
almost complete,
the image that i get right now is almost plain black (because my r,g,b
values r in 0-15 range wheras max values is 255). But when i add 100
to each component r,g,b of each pixel, I get an image which is faintly
reminiscent of my original image in rgb 8:8:8 color space

Plz Help