[Image-SIG] Patch to access/retain embedded ICC profiles (PIL 1.1.6)

Florian Höch lists+Image_SIG at hoech.org
Fri Jun 6 17:55:03 CEST 2008

Now there is (but you need to upgrade to PIL 1.1.6 first):

(this is an updated version of the patch for accessing ICC profiles I
posted to the list a while ago)

Refer to the included ReadMe for installation/more info.

It's a beta, so still needs some testing, but should allow you to:
- retain embedded ICC profiles when saving from/to JPEG, PNG, TIFF.
   Existing code doesn't need to be changed.
- access embedded profiles in JPEG, PNG, PSD, TIFF.

It also includes patches for TIFF to retain IPTC, Photoshop and XMP
metadata when saving as TIFF again, read/write TIFF resolution
information correctly, and to correct inverted CMYK JPEG files.

For actual color conversions using profiles, you still need an
additional library (I recommend ImageCms).