[Image-SIG] PIL on intel based Mac not compiling

Pietro Speroni di Fenizio 2008 at pietrosperoni.it
Thu Jun 12 13:24:57 CEST 2008

Hi Bill,

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 5:28 PM, Bill Janssen <janssen at parc.com> wrote:
> Hi, Pietro.
>
> I build PIL from source on Leopard all the time (usually once per
> day), without any problems.
>
> Your problem seems to be that you are using Fink (/sw):
>
> ld: in /sw/lib/libiconv.2.dylib, file is not of required architecture
>
> My advice is to remove the /sw directory, and stop using Fink; it just
> confuses things on the Mac.  While it was a good idea 4 or 5 years ago,
> it's mostly unnecessary now.

This is very interesting because I do not have fink on this machine.
But I use to have it in the previous one, a Tiger, and then I imported
all the inside with the Time Machine when I bought this machine. You
are absolutely right, I will remove the directory, and get rid of all
the Fink I still had.

Thanks,
Pietro

--
Dr. Pietro Speroni di Fenizio,

Post Doc at Artificial Life Laboratory
Research Institute in Networks
& Communications Engineering (RINCE)
Dublin City University

Home Page: http://www.pietrosperoni.it
Mobile:(Ireland) +353 (87) 7409708 (new)
Mobile (Italy): +39 (333) 1694290
Work phone: Tel.: +353-1-700-7696

Home Address:
Pietro Speroni di Fenizio