[Image-SIG] PIL and target processors and OSX, oh-my!

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu May 15 20:19:19 CEST 2008

Jon McKamey wrote:
> After not getting a response, I sent this missive to the mod_python list
> as well. They recommended 'thinning' the application, as is outlined in
> the modwsgi tutorial for OSX.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/InstallationOnMacOSX
>
> That seems to work, and got things going. It also includes a good
> explanation of exactly what the underlying problems was, in case my
> question was not so clear.

That's a well written page. thanks. It does clarify one point -- I
don't' think you needed quad-architecture libs -- what you needed was
64-bit libs.

It's a bit sad that apparently Apple didn't provide 64 bit versions of
some of their libs, though it may be that you built a 32 bit PIL, so it
was linked against 32bit libs.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov