[Image-SIG] Mutable images

Christopher Brooks cab938 at mail.usask.ca
Fri Nov 21 21:22:09 CET 2008

I want to resize an image using something like:

src_image.resize( (20,20) )

This doesn't work, since resize() returns the new image.  So something like:

src_image = src_image.resize( (20,20) )

works instead.  Problem is that I have other references to the image that
src_image is pointing to, and I want them to be updated as well.  I thought
maybe there would be a load() that takes an Image as a parameter and thus
changes the underlying object but not the reference, but this doesn't seem
to be the case.

Any thoughts on part of the library I'm missing?

Christopher Brooks, MSc.
Web: http://www.cs.usask.ca/~cab938
Mail: Advanced Research in Intelligent Educational Systems Laboratory
      Department of Computer Science
      University of Saskatchewan
      176 Thorvaldson Building
      110 Science Place