[Image-SIG] Patch Analysis

Mandar Sarlashkar mann_sar at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 28 17:05:40 CET 2008

Dear all,

I am planning to use PIL in my assignment.

One of the tasks is to calculate index such as 'Patch Density' for a classified Land-use Land Cover Image.

I am not getting how to handle different class patches in an image. How can I retrieve information for each patch such as area and perimeter?I can use FRAGSTAS for getting such indices but a python script
or guidance how it can be done using python and PIL will be more helpful. Thanking you for your time and consideration in advance.Regards,Maddy
Search for videos of Bollywood, Hollywood, Mollywood and every other wood, only on Live.com