[Image-SIG] support for more image-formats? iff?

Sebastian Wernicke borgus at gmx.de
Tue Oct 7 11:17:41 CEST 2008

Hi guys!
This is my very first mail in this list, just wanna say 'hello' and ask
a question...
I'm mainly a 3d artist and not a programmer...i just write my own small
tools to make my work easyer...:o)

Question 1:
I'm searching  for iff  support, would be very nice for me to be able to
open
it with the pil-modules... is this format planned to be supported?
IFF a maya file format with RGBA and a Z Channel (8 or 16Bit)

Question 2:
Is there a way to display 16 Bit/per Channel Pictures (such as Tiff)?

Hope that are not to stupid questions for you....

Best regards, Sebastian