[Image-SIG] IP Geolocation

Jason S agi20dla at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 12:59:12 CEST 2008

Laura & Edward Cannon wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 4:12 PM, agi20dla <agi20dla at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I created an IP geolocation script with another popular scripting
>> language using the Tiger/LINE database from the Census Bureau.  Is there
>> such a module for Python?  I need to get street level IP Geo for at
>> least USA addresses, but also for overseas addresses if possible.
>>
>> agi20dla
>>

> It sounds like you need a commercial solution, this kind of thing is
> not at all what PIL does, PIL is a general purpose image library.

I posted here because the Image SIG said this would provide

"...an open forum for Python users interested in image handling and
processing; anything from simply reading and writing image files to
scientific image processing, *****geographical information***** systems,
remote sensing, and more. "

If that's not IP Geolocation, do you know of a SIG that can help me? The
commercial solutions are not that good or are expensive.