[Image-SIG] pil sightings

Stani spe.stani.be at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 22:56:25 CEST 2008

Hi Fredrik,

At the moment I am working hard with the Royal Dutch Mint to produce the
coin. It is quite fascinating to see money making from the secret
inside.

When the stress is over, I might do a blog post about the whole
experience and some higher resolution images, as the current ones are
lacking details. The coin is for 90% made with python, PIL & pycairo.
Some touches were done with Gimp & Inkscape. So no one should doubt any
longer that you can make money with free software ;-)

Fredrik, don't worry about ordering a coin, if you email me your postal
address, I'll happily ship one to you. Most of my work as a visual
artist is PIL powered, so I owe you that one ;-)

Other people will be able to order it from the coinshop of the Royal
Dutch Mint (link at bottom), but probably it will be sold out quite
fast:
http://en.knm.nl/domains/knm/pages/article.asp?content=11720000000909_999_11650000000011&navid=11650000000014_11650000000009

Best regards,
Stani

PS For the curious, the following link is the reason why I started
learning PIL in 2002. It's a cross-over between 'The Birds' of Hitchcock
and Vanitas paintings:

http://88.191.26.71/maria/openlayers.html

(Those of you familiar with Chernobyl might recognize the silhouet.)

Op vrijdag 12-09-2008 om 17:51 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Fredrik
Lundh: