[Image-SIG] Default Structure of a 640x480 PIL BMP File?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Apr 3 23:02:52 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:38 PM, Wayne Watson
<sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> The only PIL document that I have available is the PIL-handbook-2.pdf, which
> describes 1.1.3. I can find nothing in it about the module you mention. I
> have some scattered PIL material, but it is of no help here. I did a Google,
> and see some references to it, but nothing explanatory. What document or web
> site would I find the description?

If you have installed the library, you have the BmpImagePlugin module
installed (this is a Python library, so the source for the
BmpImagePlugin module is in a file called BmpImagePlugin.py).

I find your question a bit puzzling, btw.  Why would anyone create a
BMP-writing library that didn't include a header and data when the BMP
specification says that a BMP file contains a header and data?  Is
this some homework assignment?