[Image-SIG] Creating a Transparent Image and Placing it Over Another Image (txt version)

Wayne Watson sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 4 20:40:47 CEST 2009

I have a 640x480 by 8-bit image produced by the hardware that interfaces
with a program. I would like to create a transparent image with a circle
on it and a crosshair at the center of the circle, then place it on top
of the first (real) image (produced by the h/w). I have no trouble
drawing on the real image, but I'd like use this transparency idea here.
The reason is that eventually I'd like the user to drag around the
circle over the real image, and place it where they think the center of
the real image is. Yes, it's important not only to have the cross hair,
but the circle too.

             (121.01 Deg. W, 39.26 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time)****

          "Less than all cannot satisfy Man." -- William Blake