[Image-SIG] Tkinter and Antialiasing

Guilherme Polo ggpolo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 02:30:07 CEST 2009

On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Wayne Watson
<sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> If I draw a fairly slanted line across an image using Tkinter, it looks
> a bit jagged. Is this typical of Tkinter graphics, or is there an option
> or mechanism that will antialias?

I'm not sure if this is ontopic for image-sig, but..

Tkinter is not really responsible for the drawing, it just passes the
responsibility to tk. The standard tk canvas is not going to give you
pretty results, but there is an option if you want to continue using
tk for this. Last time I checked you could use the tkpath extension
(can be found at http://tclbitprint.sourceforge.net/), and maybe there
are other extensions to do the same.

--
-- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves