[Image-SIG] Intelligent bracketing

Laura & Edward Cannon cannon.el at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 18:16:07 CET 2009

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 5:38 AM, Frédéric
<frederic.mantegazza at gbiloba.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm starting a funny project (at least, part of a project): intelligent
> bracketing.
>
> Many DSLR have a auto bracketing mode, where you can automatically shoot
> additionnal pictures arround the current exposure. But usually, it is
> limited (3 shots, no more than +-2EV), except for high-end DSLR.

I don't know for a fact, but my first suggestion would be to look at
the number of overexposed pixels (at least one channel at 255) in an
image, if there are allot (by some measure) then you need another
exposure. Likewise if you have pixels that are 0 (or really small)
then you need another exposure on that end.