[Image-SIG] Help: Converting PIL to Tkinter image objects crashes python

Tom Baldwin tbaldwin at uoregon.edu
Fri Jul 10 01:31:55 CEST 2009

Thanks, Fredrik.

If 1.1.6 is from 2006 then trying 1.1.7 code sounds like a very good idea. I
wasn't sure how to set up the individual tkImaging module which you linked,
so I downloaded and built the entire recent beta release, 1.1.7b1.

I confirmed that python is seeing the new version:
>>>import Image
>>>Image.VERSION
'1.1.7b1'

However, my reproducer.py test script still fails in the same way as before.

Whatever is going on must have slipped past any of the updates in the beta
release, I guess.

TkB