[Image-SIG] playing with CMYK images

David Berthelot d_berthelot at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 22:14:57 CET 2009

I ran into a similar problems with CMYK and I think it's because libjpeg doesn't interpret the CMYK data correctly (possibly stripping a color profile). This is easily verified using libjpeg standalone tools (like jpegtran that you can compile when compiling libjpeg).

On the other hand, using ImageMagick python bindings (PythonMagick) worked fine (I assume ImageMagick doesn't rely on libjpeg). However it is my understanding that PythonMagick is unfortunately not fully fonctional and barely documented.