[Image-SIG] ZLIB (PNG/ZIP) support not available

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Thu Mar 5 22:04:38 CET 2009

I'm not up to date with RHEL packaging, but judging from e.g.

    http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/5602905/com/zlib-1.2.1.2-1.2.x86_64.rpm.html

the packages you have are runtime libraries, not development packages
(i.e. header files and link libraries are missing).

Look for packages with -dev or -devel in their names.  Or look for a
python-imaging package from RedHat; I'm pretty sure you can find
prebuilt packages for all major Linuxes these days.

Cheers /F