[Image-SIG] installing PIL on Snow Leopard; Xcode problem

Jack Uretsky jlu at hep.anl.gov
Sun Nov 8 00:21:42 CET 2009

Hi-
         I'm trying to install the PIL using Imaging-1.1.6. following the
first of the suggestions at "Passing Curiosity":
http://passingcuriosity.com/2009/installing-pil-on-mac-os-x-leopard/
.  I'm running Snow Leopard on an Intel machine (MacBook2.1).
         Two questions (to start with):
1. What is my Xcode problem?  When I run >python2.6 setup.py build
  I get: running build
running build_py
running build_ext
--- using frameworks at /System/Library/Frameworks
building '_imaging' extension
Compiling with an SDK that doesn't seem to exist:
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
Please check your Xcode installation
2. this is followed by the line

gcc -arch ppc -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
-fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -DHAVE_LIBZ -

In what file do I find this line so I can make the recommended correction?

                 Thanks for any help I can get.
                                         Jack L. U.

"Trust me.  I have a lot of experience at this."