[Image-SIG] Simple image display question

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Nov 20 13:09:22 CET 2009

Generate a HTML file with IMG tags?  Any HTML tutorial should teach
you how to do that, and you don't really need more than the "print"
statement to generate the file in Python.

I'm pretty sure flickr can provide you with URL:s for the thumbnail
versions they've already created (you're using their API, right?), but
if you need to do local processing, use
Image.open(urllib.urlopen(...)) to get a PIL image object, do what you
need to do to the image, and save it to a local file.  Then generate a
HTML file that points to the local files instead of the flickr URL:s.

</F>