[Image-SIG] faceted search interface

Alex Ksikes alex at chiefmall.com
Wed Feb 3 13:41:36 CET 2010

Hi all,

I have just put together a system to automatically build a faceted search interface and search engine from any data. Would you mind having a look at it and letting me know what you think of it?

Here is a particular instance on IMDb (the internet movie database). You can refine by particular categories such as genres, actors or directors with the results ordered by user ratings and number of votes.

http://imdb.cloudmining.net/search?query=(@actor%20Brad%20Pitt)

This IMDb instance was built automatically. All that was needed was to setup the data in a specific format and to optionally customize the look and feel of a search result. In fact the system was also applied to DBLP:

http://dblp.cloudmining.net/search?query=(@venue%20CHI)

The system is called Cloud Mining (http://www.cloudmining.net). Your feedback would be very much appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Alex Ksikes