[Image-SIG] How to improve rotation quality?

Alec Bennett wrybread at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:50:01 CET 2010

> So I tried adding a black background to the image first, then rotating it
-- much better.
> See the enclosed version of your test code, and a rotated image.

Wow, what a difference! Even if the border is a single pixel, much better
results. I set the border color to grey, which seems to work as well as
black, and am now a happy slideshow maker.

Huge thanks.

And to anyone else coming down this road, if the resampling filters aren't
having any effect, update to the latest PIL.