[Image-SIG] Anyone knows how to access b16 image file?

Guy K. Kloss g.kloss at massey.ac.nz
Tue Jan 19 23:21:12 CET 2010

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 15:39:56 Li Meng wrote:
> Hi, I've been wondering whether I can use PIL to process b16 image
> files, I tried pyfits but there seems something wrong with path os.path
> in windows 7. Is my only choice openning it in binary mode and do image
> processing manuall?

Try to contact Ian Bond <I.A.Bond at massey.ac.nz>. He's a colleague who has
recently built an alternative wrapper to the FITS library as he was
dissatisfied with the existing one(s). Maybe he can help.

Guy K. Kloss
Institute of Information and Mathematical Sciences
Te Kura Pūtaiao o Mōhiohio me Pāngarau
Massey University, Albany (North Shore City, Auckland)
473 State Highway 17, Gate 1, Mailroom, Quad B Building
voice: +64 9 414-0800 ext. 9585   fax: +64 9 441-8181
G.Kloss at massey.ac.nz http://www.massey.ac.nz/~gkloss