[Image-SIG] Mac binaries to test

Russell E. Owen rowen at uw.edu
Sat Jul 3 01:57:41 CEST 2010

In article <4C2BCF75.5000502 at noaa.gov>,
 Christopher Barker <Chris.Barker at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Russell E. Owen wrote:
> > I built two Mac binaries of PIL 1.1.7: one for Python 2.5, the other for
> > Python 2.6. Both should be compatible with Mac OS X 10.3.9 and later.
>
> Russell, this is great -- thanks!
>
> It seems to work on os-x 10.5, PPC, python 2.6
>
> > They are missing support for Little CMS
>
> I don't use CMS, though it would be nice to get that working.
>
> FWIW, macports seems to be able to build universal binaries that work
> (though I only tested on 10.5). Maybe you can find a hint in the port file.
>
> -Chris

I just got Little CMS working with help from Robin Mills. It turns out
that version 1.19 builds perfectly with the standard technique (Robin
also included suggestions for getting 2.0a to build, but it was easier
for me to use 1.19).

New binaries are available here:
<http://www.astro.washington.edu/users/rowen/python/>

If they work for folks I would like to make these the official Mac
binaries. Frederik: please feel free to take them and serve them
(preferably remove the date from the name first).

-- Russell