[Image-SIG] that's enough

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Jul 13 20:35:47 CEST 2010

Jack Uretsky wrote:
> Thanks.  Do you have a recommendation for which veersion of wxpython I
> should download for Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6)?
>             Regards,
>                 Jack

Use the OS-X installer for the latest version found at the wxpython site.

I *think* it will work with either the Apple-supplied python or the
python.org one, but it's possible that that is broken on 10.6 -- I heard
a lot of issues on 10.6 (I'm running 10.5, so no no details).

I'd install python 2.6 from python.org, and use the wxpython installer
for that. That combination is the safest.

This might be useful, too:

http://wiki.wxpython.org/RecipesImagesAndGraphics

Note that wxPython has some basic image stuff built in, so depending on
what you need to do, you may not even need PIL. (but you may -- PIL is
far more full featured)

Oh, and I've enclosed a slightly more complex example.

-Chris