[Image-SIG] that's enough

Alec Bennett wrybread at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 03:22:26 CEST 2010

My understanding is that show() is mainly for debugging and tests, and that
it doesn't offer very much control or efficiency. That's not to say that
what you're after can't be done, maybe someone else can help you with that,
I just don't know.

Personally I'd suggest using WXPython, which can do what you're after fairly
easily.

Here's one very simple way to display an image in WX:

import wx

class PictureWindow(wx.Frame):
..def __init__(self, parent, id):

....wx.Frame.__init__(self, parent, id, "Window Title", size=(200, 200), pos
= (50, 50), style = wx.DEFAULT_FRAME_STYLE)
....panel = wx.Panel(self, -1)
....bmp = wx.Image("page1.jpg", wx.BITMAP_TYPE_ANY).ConvertToBitmap()
....self.mainPic = wx.StaticBitmap(panel, -1, bmp)
....self.Show()

app = wx.App(redirect=0)
PictureWindow(None, -1)
app.MainLoop()