[Image-SIG] that's enough

Chris Mitchell chris.mit7 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 03:33:18 CEST 2010

Hey Jack,

Are you trying to model fluorophores?  If you want to model a Poisson
process you don't need any special packages, just take the negative
log of a uniformly distributed random variable from 0-1.
Mathematically, this would be saying: y = r*e(-rt), where y is a
uniform random variable, then take the integral and then the inverse
(how you turn a uniform distribution into any distribution you want).

Chris