[Image-SIG] PIL PNG encoding performance

Oliver Tonnhofer olt at bogosoft.com
Fri Mar 5 11:23:23 CET 2010

On 04.03.2010, at 14:31, Oliver Tonnhofer wrote:
> Any opinions or suggestions on that? I would do a fork on bitbucket
> then and start hacking.

Ok, I just started :)
I added compress_level and compress_type as save options for png
files. The default behaviour is identical to 1.1.7.

Anyone care to review? http://bitbucket.org/olt/pil-117/changeset/8d4661695edd/

I load the ZLIB constants (Z_RLE, etc) into the _imaging module and
then into Image. I'm not sure if that's OK, or if I should create some
new constant values.

I did not prefix the constants, but maybe it is time to start with it.
BILINEAR, RLE, FLOYDSTEINBERG, ADAPTIVE, ... it's getting a bit
confusing.

Regards,
Oliver