[Image-SIG] Installing libjpeg
chollapete at gmail.com
Sat May 22 00:29:10 CEST 2010
I just wanted to close out this thread, for the benefit of anyone reading
the archives in the future.
The problem was solved by following Chris Barker's advice/observation that
the files "site-packages/PIL/_imaging*.so" needed to be deleted and then the
PIL package rebuilt. That is exactly what I did, and PIL is now working.
The wildcard "_imaging*.so" matched the four shared-object files seen in the
listing, shown in my earlier post. I deleted those four files and then
rebuilt them by executing "python setup.py install" in the Imaging-1.1.7
Apparently, the install script doesn't delete these files if they already
exist; unfortunately, they had been linked to a version of libjpeg that
didn't work on my box. Deleting and rebuilding the four "_imaging*.so"
files allowed the new shared-object files to link to the new version of
libjpeg that I had installed, which *does* work on my box.
Thanks to Chris, and to Fredrik for his earlier assistance. Hope I haven't
clogged up too much bandwidth with my novice-level approach.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Image-SIG