[Image-SIG] Unable to draw compound character of a kannada lang over an image.

Laura & Edward Cannon cannon.el at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 18:01:00 CEST 2010

I noticed that you said font=font2, but have not declared font2, it
should be font=font. Besides that I messed around a bit with your code
and can't get it to work, but I don't have fonts with the right
glyphs, so I just get boxes. I assume that this font renders correctly
elsewhere. If that is the case, there might be something lacking in
ImageFont's truetype impementation.

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 6:41 AM, shilpa h <shilpa.hireraddi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, i have tried for many other fonts also but getting the same result.
>
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Edward Cannon <cannon.el at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Have you tried another font? Do all fonts do this or just this one?
>>

>> On Oct 5, 2010, at 3:16 AM, shilpa h <shilpa.hireraddi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I am unable to draw kannada compound characters ಕ್ಕಾ , ಪೈ, ವೋ etc
>>>
>>> over an image using ImageDraw module's draw method. Below is my code,
>>>
>>>  #-*- coding:utf8 -*-
>>> import sys, codecs, string
>>> import Image
>>> import ImageDraw
>>> import ImageFont
>>>
>>> txt = 'ಕ್ಕಾ '
>>> font = ImageFont.truetype('Malige-n.ttf',20)
>>> im = Image.new("RGBA",(800,600),(100,155,100))
>>> draw = ImageDraw.Draw(im)