[Image-SIG] Mac binary installers are available

Russell E. Owen rowen at uw.edu
Wed Oct 20 22:41:10 CEST 2010

I have made two Mac binary installers available for PIL 1.1.7:
one for Python 2.6 and one for 32-bit Python 2.7. Both require the
python.org python and both are compatible with Mac OS X 10.3.9 and later.

Right now they are served here:
<http://www.astro.washington.edu/users/rowen/python/>
but that is only intended for temporary use. I would prefer they were
served at the official PIL site.

Any hope of that, Fredrik?

For several years there was a central repository for Mac binary
installers of python packages, and you could get Mac binaries for PIL
from that. But that fell into disuse. Now I don't know of any sensible
alternative for PIL.

-- Russell