[Image-SIG] Reading a 8bit Tif image from ArcMAP doesnt read well

German Ocampo gerocampo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 10:36:55 CEST 2010

Good morning

Im reading an 8bit image generated by ArcMap using PIL in windows, the
image load well without error messages but, when I try to extract the
values to a numpy array I got some lines of the image with value of
pixel 127 (greyscale) or rgb(0,0,0). When I open the image using GIMP
or arcmap  I could see that the image is complete.

Any idea of what is happening??

the code that I'm using for read the image is:

     from PIL import Image
     from PIL import TiffImagePlugin
    import numpy as np
    import sys