[Image-SIG] Comparing images

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Fri Apr 1 20:30:50 CEST 2011

Hi,

I need to check lot of images to see if they have the right logo in them.
Fortunately I know the co-ordinates of where the logo in the image should
be but I'm not sure on the best way to compare a selection from the image
with a template. Currently I'm cropping the target image to the right size
and comparing it with ImageChops.difference() with the template but I'm
not sure how to interpret the results - I had hoped for either a largely
black or white image but I'm largely getting the inverse of the logo.

Any tips?

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark