[Image-SIG] Phyton pil on AppleTV2

M. van Hout macasuba at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 23:09:55 CET 2011

Hi Python support,

I hope you can help me out.
I just tried to install Python PIL on my AppleTV.
I found a description on how to (with the iOS debs) here :
http://thoyan0nymous.posterous.com/python-pil-for-atv2

all goes well, till the dpkg of the last deb file.

I think I should first install Python.
How can I install Python for iOS 4 ?
Can you help?

This is my error :

AppleTV:/ root# dpkg -i python-PIL1.1.7-1.deb
Selecting previously deselected package python-pil.
(Reading database ... 6646 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking python-pil (from python-PIL1.1.7-1.deb) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of python-pil:
 python-pil depends on python (>= 2.5); however:
  Package python is not installed.
 python-pil depends on python (<< 2.6); however:
  Package python is not installed.
dpkg: error processing python-pil (--install):
 python-pil
AppleTV:/ root#

kind regards
www.imho.nu