[Image-SIG] 'Upload a valid image' errors with PIL 1.1.7/ Python 2.6/ Mac 10.6.2

Anjali Arora aarora99 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 17:27:21 CET 2011

Hi,

I am struggling with this for the past 2 days: first I got the above error,
& googled around to find that I needed the libjpeg module as well, so I
re-installed the lot, first libjpeg & then PIL; got a couple errors like
JPEG decoder not available etc, fixed that. Now it passes the selftest, but
when I try to upload images via the admin site, it throws up the error
"Upload a valid image. The file you uploaded was either not an image or a
corrupted image."

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
-Ara