[Image-SIG] Locate The Center of WhiteDot from a Image

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Tue Jan 11 11:10:06 CET 2011

2011/1/8 Narendra Sisodiya <narendra at narendrasisodiya.com>:

> PS: I have looked at centroid algorithm, It is again going at pixel level
> and that will be slow. My application will become better with faster
> centroid algorithm.

Well, you only have to process the part of the image that contains
your dot.  If it occupies 10% of the image, it'll run 100 times faster
than an algorithm that processes the entire image.

> Also I have another question !
> I am grabbing image from camera using opencv-python. How we can compare
> python PIL with OpenCV ? My guess that PIL will is faster then opencv
> library ?

OpenCV is a machine vision library, so I assume that you'll find a lot
of useful vision algorithms in there.  PIL is more of a general
purpose library; lots of people use it in conjunction with more
specialized libraries.