[Image-SIG] What does the 'F' mode mean in PIL?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Jun 17 21:30:08 CEST 2011

A followup, trying to do something real

It seems that the raw decoder doesn't understand all the modes listed in:

http://www.pythonware.com/library/pil/handbook/decoder.htm

indeed, hardly any of them ('F' only for the "floating point modes")

Enclosed is some sample code I've got that attempts to convert a
unsigned 16 bit grayscale image to RGB. I can't get it to do anything,
as I get:

ValueError: unknown raw mode

for any floating point mode other than 'F'

What am I missing here?

-Chirs

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov