[Image-SIG] What does the 'F' mode mean in PIL?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 21 20:05:51 CEST 2011

Managan, Rob wrote:
> If you are not worried about rounding errors; this command grabs the data,
> and puts it back scaled by 255/65535 and no offset.
>
> i.putdata(i.getdata(),255.0/np.iinfo(np.uint16).max,0.0)

yup -- easy with numpy (I actually already did that), but I'm trying to
figure out how to do it with PIL. Maybe there is no reason to, but is
sure seems like it should be something PIL could easily do:

Convert a unsigned int16 grayscale image to 24bit RGB.

Thanks,

-Chris

By the way, your replies are not making it to the list -- you need to
hit "reply all" or "reply to list".

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov