[Image-SIG] "ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed."

Susi pancakes at snet.net
Fri May 6 22:38:56 CEST 2011

Hey! Thanks for your reply.

I have OSX 10.6.7, Python comes on the mac, so I didn't install it. It's
2.6.1. I installed PIL like this:

fink install libjpeg
curl -O http://effbot.org/media/downloads/Imaging-1.1.6.tar.gz

tar -xzf Imaging-1.1.6.tar.gz
cd Imaging-1.1.6
sudo python setup.py install

If you have any ideas, please let me know. I also had a question; is PIL
required for python to use images that aren't .bmps? Sorry, I'm totally new.
Thanks again if you reply!! :)

--
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.