[Image-SIG] "ImportError: The _imaging C module is not installed."

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Thu May 12 12:25:02 CEST 2011

Am 07.05.2011, 01:45 Uhr, schrieb Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker at noaa.gov>:

> I don't think PIL supports 3.* yet -- if you want the python.org python,
> use 2.7.

The alternative is to use the MacPorts version which is 64-bit only but
which for which many packages exist as ports:

sudo port install py27-pil

This puts Python in /opt/local/bin and allows easy management of different
versions. It will automatically install any dependencies such as lib-JPEG
and lib-freetype. As it provides a mechanism for upgrading existing
packages I prefer this over the binary installs. Apple virtually never
updates the subsystem between OS releases.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director