[Image-SIG] Png24 to GIF image size

Charlie Clark charlie.clark at clark-consulting.eu
Fri May 20 22:33:58 CEST 2011

Am 20.05.2011, 20:08 Uhr, schrieb Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker at noaa.gov>:

> I'm not speaking with authority here, but back when the "GIF patent" was
> still active, some Open Source GIF drivers didn't compress, as the
> compression was the patented part of the format.
>  So that _may_ be the case here.

Nah, Unisys patented the format which essentially uses a 256 colour
palette for compression. LZW compression doesn't make much difference on
this file.

I *think* the problem is you are not creating the palette very
intelligently there are only 20 colours in the palette.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Managing Director